- More baby formula is heading to store shelves as early as this weekendMore baby formula is expected on store shelves as soon as this weekend through a variety of government efforts.
- UntitledHarry Enten goes for a swing on the trapeze.
- Several food companies pull products linked to Jif peanut butter recallFood companies across the US are recalling products in the wake of a Jif peanut butter recall over Salmonella contamination concerns. Among them:
- What is monkeypox, its symptoms and threat to you?Where did monkeypox come from, what are the signs and symptoms and how worried should you be? Here's what we know.
- UntitledDr. Robert Califf, the commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration, gave a colorful description of what the FDA saw at their inspection of the Abbott baby formula plant.
- CDC Details Monkeypox Vaccine Recommendations May 27, 2022(MedPage Today) -- Laboratory personnel and those responding to outbreaks of orthopoxviruses, including smallpox and monkeypox, should be vaccinated with Jynneos, finalized recommendations from the CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices...
- Faust Files: Preventing the Next Uvalde May 27, 2022(MedPage Today) -- For information on how physicians can prevent firearm violence, visit this page. Following the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Texas, Jeremy Faust, MD, MedPage Today's editor-in-chief, sits down with S.E. Cupp, a...
- Why the Atypical Symptoms in the Latest Monkeypox Cases? May 27, 2022(MedPage Today) -- In mid-May, a young man appeared at a hospital in Montreal with a single lesion on his genitals. About a week earlier he had sexual contact with someone who tested positive for monkeypox. Over the next several days, his lesion...
- Sayonara to the SUNSET Rule May 27, 2022(MedPage Today) -- WASHINGTON -- It finally happened: the SUNSET rule has really ridden off into the -- well, you know. The Securing Updated and Necessary Statutory Evaluations Timely (SUNSET) rule, first proposed in November 2020 and finalized...
- Prone Beats Supine Positioning for WBRT in Women With Large Breasts May 27, 2022(MedPage Today) -- Breast radiotherapy in the prone position is less toxic versus the supine position in women with large breast size, according to a phase III randomized trial. Among 357 patients, those treated in the supine position had significantly...
- Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Sale is officially underway — here are the best deals
- Explore the magical mysteries of the microbiome and why it's so important to keep it well-fed
- Get grilling this summer with these Memorial Day grill deals
- Replace your mattress for less with these Memorial Day sales
- Update your home with the best 2022 Memorial Day furniture sales
- Dimensional Analysis of Shared Decision Making in Contraceptive Counseling May 20, 2022A synthesis of the literature on shared decision making in reproductive health care showed that providers and patients experience and define this approach differently.
- Psychometric Properties of an Instrument to Measure the Quality of Family-Centered Care in NICUs May 19, 2022The DigiFCC-P has satisfactory internal consistency and sensitivity, but further modifications are needed to increase the validity of the instrument.
- Relationship Between Maternal COVID-19 Infection and In-hospital Exclusive Breastfeeding for Term Newborns May 19, 2022To evaluate the relationship between maternal COVID-19 infection and the odds of in-hospital exclusive breastfeeding for term newborns.
- Factors Associated With Smoking Relapse Among Women in Japan From Pregnancy to Early Parenthood May 17, 2022Smoking relapse was associated with symptoms of depression when participants quit before pregnancy and with multiparity when they quit after pregnancy.
- Developments in Nursing Practice to Address Substance Use in the Perinatal Period May 11, 2022Although evidence-informed care practices for women with substance use disorders and their infants have advanced over time, further development and broader implementation are needed.
- A CDC food safety alert regarding a multistate outbreak of <em>Salmonella</em> Senftenberg infections May 23, 2022A CDC food safety alert regarding a multistate outbreak of Salmonella Senftenberg infections has been posted: https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/senftenberg-05-22/index.html
- CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on 2022 U.S. Monkeypox Investigation May 23, 2022Experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will discuss the latest regarding the cases of monkeypox in the United States.a0523
- Transcript for Vital Signs Telebriefing: Firearm deaths show historic increase May 20, 2022CDC Media Briefing — New Vital Signs Report Firearm deaths show historic increase: What can be done to prevent firearm homicides and suicides?
- CDC Strengthens Recommendations and Expands Eligibility for COVID-19 Booster Shots May 19, 2022Following today’s meeting of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ (ACIP), CDC is expanding eligibility of COVID-19 vaccine booster doses to everyone 5 years of age and older.
- CDC and Health Partners Responding to Monkeypox Case in the U.S. May 18, 2022Case identified after monkeypox clusters in several other countries
The staff at Pro Ed encourages professional growth and development through education. We also understand that the cost of education can be prohibitive. To help you find the funds needed to advance your career, Pro Ed has linked with the following sponsors. Please note that you will leave Pro Ed to visit these sites.